Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Friday, June 03, 2011

School's Out for Summer

So summer has officially started for this teacher and so I look forward to filling my days with the craziness of my own biological children in place of "my kids" at work. I get to nervously wait to find out who got pregnant, arrested, and/or shot over the summer once I get back to the grind in August.

I finally decided to try my hand at Twitter. I kinda feel the same way I felt the first time I handled a controller that, in my opinion, requires some training at NASA to be able to operate that many buttons at once. When did I cross the line into "I'm too old to figure this out... Why can't it go back to having a jump, attack, select, start, and direction pad?! Where's my Bengay...?" territory? I have a grand total of two followers, so I have no idea how that's going to proceed.

I've been enjoying The Book of Mormon musical soundtrack this past week. It has brought to light the sad fact that most Broadway musicals don't make quite enough use of the dreaded "C" word. As a person who enjoys the occasional musical, I was pleased to note the tributes to Wicked, The Music Man, Oklahoma, and Avenue Q that were woven into a couple of the songs, stylistically speaking. I was also delighted at the use of the words "magical fuck frog". It's not often you hear those words put together. Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Robert Lopez (of Avenue Q) did a fantastic job. It more than makes up for the less than hilarious episodes of South Park that have been on recently.

It's about that time that I need to watch another episode of Hoarders to motivate myself to chuck out loads of shite from my closet/basement/book shelves. Perhaps the next time the Lupus Foundation or Vietnam Vets called for donations, they should probably insert the words "have you seen an episode of Hoarders?" to make their request for donations more effective.

While I do that, enjoy possibly the least offensive song from The Book of Mormon.


3 comments:

Omani Jewel said...

this is to the hoarders part we been doing that and OMG how much S**t we threw is unbelievable.... good luck

TeacherLady said...

Unfortunately, my husband just injured his knee so the chances of our doing a proper clear out have dropped even more... Ah well.

Omani Jewel said...

ohh dear i wish him a speady recovery ... good luck