Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

News of the Batty

In reading this article, I began with: "oh... Silly old bat. Packing terrapins in her suitcase."
Then my thoughts went: "Huh! All the way from China. Poor things."
Then I thought: "Don't they have those in Britain?"
Then I read the bit where they confirm you can get them from Britain, but the piece de resistance lies in the line that reads "'Apparently she paid around £300 each for them as a gift to her niece.'"

What. The. Fuck. I must meet this woman and sell her some gerbils for a hundred quid each. What the... Did they pitch the turtles as rare? Special? Freaking magical? I don't get it.

3 comments:

calencoriel said...

Maybe they're the turtles from under the Earth...

TeacherLady said...

You mean the one that hold the world aloft? :)

calencoriel said...

Correct! Those turtles would be worth illegal transportation!