Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Vacation Snaps

Clown fish at the Atlantis Hotel's Lost Chambers aquarium exhibit. (I love the "authentic" sunken, technologically-advanced looking city look they gave the whole exhibit. Very eerie.)

The view from our room.

Part of our hotel room (the attention to detail in the decor was astounding. I loved it.)

Lobby of the Atlantis Hotel, Dubai

Gelato in Dubai's Ibn Battuta Mall

Mumbles, Swansea, Wales

A sea star my daughter found in Swansea, Wales

My husband and daughter, Swansea, Wales

Swansea, Wales

Swansea, Wales

Dan-yr-Ogoff Show Caves' dinosaur park, Wales

A formation in one of the caves

My piggies above part of the Dubai Aquarium

3 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

You take some nice snapshots...and nice vacations. Wowsers.

Though, when i go to visit the fam, I do get to travel to exotic places like Madison, IN; Carollton, KY; and the mecca that is Louisville, KY.

So take that...

TeacherLady said...

Yeah, I'm kinda spoiled when it comes to vacations. I just can't wait to really start roaming to places I've never been before when the kids are older. I want to eat my way across Italy.
Hey, if you ever want to go to Wales, my family's got a house there. When the girls are older, I'm going to drive around there like I used to with my uncle in days gone by. We've hit every castle, every quaint village we could, and more than a few friendly local pub/restaurants (obviously I didn't drink then, but I still loved the atmosphere of a friendly "local".) Fishguard, Hay-On-Wye, Cardiff, and Swansea are lovely.

Laura said...

Great pics & ramblings. Me too...love travel to get to know how otherppl live.