Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Monday, June 07, 2010

Ida Saki



It's a shame this number is interrupted by cuts to the judges and their obnoxious verbal outbursts, but it's far superior to her previous performance when she was a year younger, also available on youtube. She's gained so much maturity in technique, in her expression and movement. I also love the delicious irony of an Iranian girl dancing to the soundtrack of Schindler's List. LOVE it. She's beautiful. I only wish I had half that command of my own body. Or an eighth. Or a seventeenth. And John Williams is a god.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not usually watch these shows, BUT this woman is astoundingly talented. Thank you for showing me this young woman....fabulous

Rhonda Lynn Mae Stuttback said...

Just a shame that she couldn't handle criticism and quit the competition before she was eliminated.

Anonymous said...

ida saki is by far the one person who can handle criticism. she is an outstanding dancer, as well as a brilliant person. she had a prior commitment that was more important to her. I am proud that she stuck by her decision to leave. I don't believe people should talk about her decision until they know the full story.

TeacherLady said...

I can't judge. I have no idea what's going on in her life. It's her business what she chooses to do with it anyway. :) Just a shame. I guess I'll just have to search for her on Youtube from now on!

Anonymous said...

She handled criticism just fine - just had other things happening in her life.... such as being named a US Presidential Scholar for the Arts ( http://www2.ed.gov/programs/psp/2010/scholars.pdf ) - she briefly mentions a scholarship as she leaves. Some may disagree, but I for one see the enrichment of this scholarship as something greater than a reality tv show. She is an exquisite dancer and I look forward to continue to follow her bright future.

Anonymous said...

Iranians aren't arab, u idiot

TeacherLady said...

If someone did mention she was Arab, I didn't see it... Wow. You should continue to post anonymously if that's the level of intelligence you're limited to. No one ever said she was Arab.