Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Losing... Faith...

Okay. Here's the deal. My boss has a decision to make today. The outcome of this decision will dictate one of two responses from me... The preferable one is that of hope that there is a glimmer of reason in him and a bearing of SOME standard of expectation of our students. The other is that he'll inspire complete contempt from me and no chance of earning my respect back whatsoever, especially since he seems to be earning a pretty awful track record in terms of behavioral expectations of the kids on a day to day basis.

So. What's it going to be, boy? Yes... Or... No?

5 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

June 2nd can't possibly come soon enough for me at this point.

Bdubba said...

I am SO out of the loop geographically speaking as well but I am very intrigued by your post. Do tell more.....

calencoriel said...

If the decision involves what's being done with 12 seniors, I think you'll be pleased with what he's put together.

If it doesn't...then I'm definitely speaking out of turn and betraying a confidence...which is pretty much something I don't do.

TeacherLady said...

Yup, that was the issue I was thinking of. I am pleased with the decision, because while I think they owe some sort of penance for what they've done, I don't think their futures should be entirely ruined for it.

Bdubba, I can tell you on Facebook later!

calencoriel said...

Good! I was really pleased when he discussed it with us yesterday. He said pretty much the same thing as you - there needs to be serious consequences, but they also need to be able to rectify their situation so their lives aren't ruined...