Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Covering The Beatles

I'm not above listening to covers of songs by The Beatles... They're not so sacred that I feel they should be performed by the originals exclusively... So here are a few covers I found particularly interesting or appealing. Enjoy, or despise, but appreciate the effort if nothing else.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps- Allegro Youth Orchestra




Another While My Guitar Gently Weeps, this time on ukulele by Jake Shimabukuro. I skipped straight to the great stuff just before 3:00 minutes into the footage.



Across the Universe- Jennifer J. Chung and Melissa Polinar


Blackbird- Nahareguumi. I was charmed by the cultural impediment to this gentleman's attempt to pronounce his 'r's and 'l's, dooming this "brackbird" to "fry"...

A jazzy, upbeat Eleanor Rigby? Surprisingly, I don't hate it. Not only do I not hate it, I actually like it. I hate to sound cliched, but I have to add: "Not as much as the original."

No comments: