Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Tim Burton's Superman



I love Tim Burton. However, there are times when I recognize that he may quite possibly be on some sort of MAJOR hallucinogenics. What, in the name of Krypton, was he thinking when he came up with this concept for Superman? Granted, the movie that did come out was pretty mediocre at best, but Nicholas Cage? I like him too, despite that horrendous inability to accept his natural hair loss, but... In THAT costume? Holy Kal-El. Seeing Mr. Cage's expression in this video convinced me that they must have been sharing the same bong/crack pipe/whatever.

Sorry, I know this is old, but this is the first time I ever saw this. And I wish I never had.

I love Tim Burton and Nic Cage, I really do... But a comic-book nerd has her limits.

1 comment:

Abel Undercity said...

Co-inky-dentally, I've just watched Superman Returns a couple of hours ago. After reading about the mess of concepts that had been discarded by WB (there's a great book on the subject, Superman vs. Hollywood by Jake Rossen and Mark Millar, that documents the whole stupid parade), I honestly think Returns is the best we could expect from the suits at Warner. I honestly don't think they get the idea of a hero who genuinely wants to help, as opposed to working out a set of deeply ingrained issues (hello, Batman!).