Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Things You Never Knew About Hitler and Other Stories.

I often hear the kids share their knowledge of Hitler's Jewish lineage, but this year I heard a new one in a quiet conversation between two students:

Student A: Did you know... Hitler was gay?
Student B: Yep.

What made that funny for me was the tone of the second student, as though that was common knowledge and the first guy was a moron for even uttering it. I think I'll add my own rumor to spice things up and tell them all he was, in fact, a chihuahua and the father of Scientology too.

Also, in discussing the first president of Hawaii following the fall of their monarchy, the history teacher tried to tap into their existing background knowledge they never they knew they had about president Dole.

History teacher: You know the fruit with the stickers that say "Dole"..?
Student: Oh wow... So Dole's the sticker company?
History teacher: Er no. They sell fruit.

Based on some of my less favorable experiences with doctors who succeed in missing the obvious, I think he's got a fine future ahead of him in the field of medicine.

1 comment:

PHSChemGuy said...

Oh, yeah, most people don't realize that's why Hitler was so against Chihuahuas - self loathing.