Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Alternate Ending for The Wizard of Oz

We turned on the TV and Thriller was playing. Before I could reach for the remote, my three year old daughter got an eyeful of Michael Jackson turning into a werewolf, in all his Rick Baker-esque grotesque glory.

As I mentally calculated the cost of her impending therapy, she continued to watch the music video with a great amount of interest and even delight, and so... I let her. I taught her the word "zombies" and she totally denied that Michael was a boy. She's going to grow up thinking Thriller is a kinky lesbo-horror music video. So we decided to show her The Wizard of Oz, thinking the creepy Wicked Witch of the West would be just as appealing for her... Turns out, she's scarier!

Anyway, here's a video I happened to come across... Dorothy has a point, there:

3 comments:

calencoriel said...

I remember watching The Wizard of Oz every year...and being petrified of those freaking flying monkeys...to this day the OH OH, OH WE OH chant freaks me out. I also remember being pissed at the "good witch" when she told Dorothy she had the power to go home all along...wtf? Even as a seven year old I knew that was BS.

That being said, the story from the Wicked viewpoint is scads better!

TeacherLady said...

Oh absolutely. Elphaba lives!

Jawahir Jewels (JJ) said...

i remember being scared too, fuuny u brought this up a while back when the mupprt movie cam out with pirate muppits and hunch back of notradame ... i took my cozins to c it whoo where 3 and 5 at the time i think and thy had nightmares for a few weeks after that.... i wonder what it is and this was not hat long ago like wizard of oz...

however the altertative video was funny....