Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Friday, May 01, 2009

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait...

I finally gave birth!! Four days late, but who's counting? (I freaking was... Every damn second...) I was discharged from the hospital last night so I only spent one night away from home, which was nice. Although they're pretty efficient at our local hospital, they neglected to give me an injection  I needed so they called me to come in today, which was a farce... They said I'd be expected, and I wasn't, and although the girls were both VERY good, I really would have preferred to be at home and not hanging around waiting for people call each other and ask what the hell was going on. 

We hadn't anticipated being in there so long today, so we felt bad when our 3 year old got upset that she'd peed in her diaper so much it was falling off her and in our haste we hadn't brought a spare along. She was distressed that her dress would get wet with urine, so she promptly whipped that off too and ran out of the little room they'd put us in and proceeded to do her "bum dance" in the hallway. Her "bum dance" consists of her getting completely nude then turning around and waving her arse at you. All class in our household. Thankfully, we managed to convince her to put her dress back on and just go back to the car with daddy and get a new diaper there. It was hilarious. Thankfully, we were the only witnesses to this "one night only" performance, although somewhere there might have been some security guard staring at one of the monitors with some bemusement. 

Anyway, prior to today's episode which could easily have done with a Benny Hill Yakkity Sax theme underlying it, I had the honor of helping to bring in to this world another little person chock full of potential to do great things and hopefully deliver a small measure of goodness into this world. Funnily enough, she does slightly resemble the aforementioned Benny Hill, but I'm guessing she'll outgrow that phase soon enough. When attached to my breast, she's prone to making pirate faces (one eye squinting) and every little bit of flatulence she produces is interpreted by my other daughter as a challenge, to which she responds with gusto. Yet again, all class in our house.

My uterus hurts like a mother (that's irony), and in the short time I've been away from work, one of my student has been expelled for drug possession, one kicked out for insulting a number of teachers using quite colorful language, and one strongly suspects she is now pregnant... But life is still good. I love my little family and I'm so grateful for all the goodness I've got in my life. I'm spoiled, and I know it.

16 comments:

SeƱor said...

Congratulations!

:-)

Chris said...

Congrats Teacher Lady!

7aki Fadi said...

Congratulations! Hope everything is going as painless as possible :) .

kinzi said...

Welcome little Teacher Lady-ette!!

So glad it went well. I am laughing about the bum-dance.

calencoriel said...

Hang in there with the sore uterus...it'll get better and the nursing will help. Just remember, all those cramps means the uterus is going back to original size allowing you to regain your prepregnancy hotness. So this pain, like labor, is good pain.

CONGRATS!!!

PHSChemGuy said...

Calen is a science dork.

You, on the other hand, are awesome. Congrats!

x l said...

Aww! Congrats!

Bdubba said...

Yeah, second time around the crampies are REALLY bad.

Forget about school (there will be plenty to do once you return)and concentrate on your lovely little ladies!

Congratulations!!!

Sam said...

aw mabrook on your little baby girl...and LOL @ your dd and her diaper..the good/bad thing about boys is they do not care about a full diaper...uggh!

Abu Dhabi/UAE Daily Photo said...

mabrook!!

humble simpleton said...

CongratsTeacherlady

Princess N said...

COngratulations.. wishing you all the best..

ra said...

congratulations!! and many more to come!!!

God bless

'liya said...

Congratulations!!!

Jewaira said...

Congratulations :-)
Hope your babies give you many hours of joy

Gila said...

Mazal tov!!!!! Sorry for the delay in commenting--have been 1) on an internet diet and 2) slammed at work.

Ummmm...hope the uterus feels better soon. :)

How is Older daughter adjusting to the interloper?