Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Home Improvements According to Mr. Creosote's Cats.

So... Because I don't believe in actually getting any rest, even when on spring break, we decided to schedule our basement refinishing to start this week. Thankfully, since it's one of those fancy-schmancy jobs where they chuck walls up easier than you can put together your daughter's plastic five piece playhouse, it will be done by the end of next week. But there's still a price to pay (beyond the rather large price tag attached to such convenience and fairly good quality)... Your pets go fucking apeshit.

On the first day, my cats decided to contribute to the whole redecorating event by adding splashes of color on various patches of carpet throughout the house, using the perfected medium of regurgitated 9 Lives canned cat food and an assortment of feline crunchy treats. The effect was truly dazzling and made for a wonderful work out of my incredibly pain stricken back as well as my extensive expletive vocabulary word bank.

The relocation of their kitty litters from the basement to the floor above also excited their creative juices as they decided to playfully scatter a few fecal nuggets in a couple of the rooms.

The dogs were only marginally better. The small mean, deaf one tried to attack the plumber on his first day working on site. Should my new basement toilet shoot a violent geyser-like water jet up the arse of the first person to christen it, I'll know who was to blame for the plumber's ire.

Thankfully, the dogs have calmed down, the cats have reserved MOST of their bodily functions for the kitty litters, and we're well on our way to having a great new space with which to fill with my ever-expanding supply of crap I manage to accumulate over a very short period of time.

And then all I have to do is finish up with work, give birth to my daughter, and finish this college class. Easy peasy.

3 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

You're brave. I can't deal with any mess of that scale (remodeling) in the house during the school year. It's all got to be summer for me.

Hepius said...

We remodeled the kitchen while living in the house. Lots of microwaved meals and doing dishes in the bathtub. Never again. I'd rather move. At least our cat just hid.

TeacherLady said...

PHSChemGuy, not brave so much as masochistic. I must be atoning for minor parking infractions in my past life.

Hepius, that sounds like much more of a pain in the arse than having the basement done. We can function basically the same way with or without access to our basement, but I'd be annoyed at not having proper access to my kitchen. Good for your cat. Mine calmed down at last, thankfully.