Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cakes I DON'T Want to See at My Baby Shower...


Thanks to Cake Wrecks I now know exactly what I don't want to see at my baby shower... The top one just looks a little creepy... Is the baby going to burst out of my belly button like something out of Alien? Since this is my second baby, I've asked my friends not to make a big deal... I just want an excuse for us all to eat sweet things. It amuses me to give my fetus a sugar rush and feel her jostle around in there.
I'm ashamed to say I'm still struggling for a name for my second daughter. My main criteria is that she be named after a powerful female, either fictional/mythological/literary, or historical... I just don't want to give birth before I even know what to name this poor child... If you have any suggestions, feel free.

5 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

Promethea...go all Alan Moore with the reference...you call call her li'l Pro...or Meeth...

Hilldegard...I dig the thought of a kid called Hilldy...especially rockin' with her pending last name...

Lynda?...Lynda Carter was awesome...

Bdubba said...

I hear naming your children (although not necessarily purposefully) after alcoholic beverages is cool. ;) Beefeater, Buweiser, Bacardi and Boones (as in Boones Farm) were upcoming choices so we stopped having kids.

Jewaira said...

Aren't there powerful Arab female characters in history you could dig up?

Hope you have a smooth delivery

TeacherLady said...

Dudes... Trying to be kinda anonymous here! Kinda, I know... :) I did like the suggestion, but in the end I guess it really has to be something that means something particular to us...
Bdubba, that's hilarious! I remember someone telling me that and I thought that was rather creative of you!
Jewaira, I certainly looked into Arabic women's names too... Though my knowledge of historical, powerful Arab women is limited at best...

humble simpleton said...

fictional - Leia of course

mythological - are you prepared to explain to her once, that she is named, for example, after nordic goddess of fertility?

literary - hmm, Anna (Karenina)? Jane (Eyre)?

historical - definitely Maria Theresa. From more recent history, maybe Margaret (Thatcher).
But what I like best is an Arab chick named Golda.