Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Baby Due Date.

My midwife said that the sonogram I did a little while ago determined that they were off with my due date... They now say I'm due 11 days later than they had initially predicted. Meh. No biggie. As uncomfortable as this pregnancy is, I'm sure it'll be worth it if this kid is half as amazing as the last one we produced. Otherwise I'm going to have to go all Dickensian on her ass and shove her up chimneys for a living to compensate.

I'm beginning to feel good about how much I praise my daughter and how my positive attitude is rubbing off on her. On a daily basis, she tells me what a great job I'm doing when I correctly identify all my farm animals, eat my food, and wipe my bottom then wash my hands after using the facilities. It's funny how little shame you've got left after producing offspring because I don't even bat an eyelid when she loudly asks me if I plan on "pooping" when we're in a public toilet and a gaggle of women overhear her. I just politely thank her when she offers to get me a sticker for "using the potty like a big girl".

8 comments:

kinzi said...

Cute! An interesting blend of nature and nurture, those little personalities.

Hang in there...from your last post, you sounded a little busy, working, parenting, and now studying? Take care of yourself!

Gila said...

Nu, so what sticker did you get?

;)

TeacherLady said...

Whinnie the Pooh... I peed, otherwise it would have been really fitting had I pooed.

Sam said...

LOL cute...my little guy is always good job to whatever i do....11 days difference dont u hate that?? my doctor was going by 3 days difference and it drove me crazy through my whole pregnancy and then finally when i was about to go in and have a fight with over it...my baby came one week earlier than what her date was and 5 days earlier than what i was going by..so he hahahaed both of us..

TeacherLady said...

Sam, I have a feeling this one may come earlier than the second due date, though the punctuality of my first daughter sets quite a high standard! But with how hard I'm pushing myself, I wouldn't be surprised if she came a LOT earlier...

Enn said...

You know... I like you, person.

TeacherLady said...

Enn, I'm honored. Let's do lunch.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?