Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Tale of Two Nipples.

There really are some class acts in our adolescent population... Here's an exchange that took place in my colleague's room:

Student: Woo, it's hot in here... It's making my nipples hard!

Teacher: Er. Did you really just say that..?

Student: For real... I'm gonna have to rub them to get them down.

Teacher: Stop talking. And stop doing that. Please.

The same student was making her presence known in another class the very same day.

Student (to a male student nearby): Boy, you gotta pull those pants down so I can see what you got...

Second Horrified Teacher: Excuse me?

Student: You didn't hear anything, I didn't say anything, why you teachers always gettin' on me?

Second Horrified Teacher: Just leave.



Okay. There's a lot going on here. The student obviously has learned these behaviors from somewhere. Could it be sexual abuse? Could it be neglect driving her to seek attention elsewhere? Either way, how horribly sad. And here's another thing... It was "hot" so her nipples got "hard"? Um. Don't know about the rest of you ladies, but it takes a chilly breeze to do that for me, not heat... And if I wanted them to stand at ease instead of at full attention, the last thing I'd do is rub them in circular motions with my fingertips as she proceeded to do. Even if that did bring them down, I sure as hell wouldn't do that in front of my peers and TEACHER. What kind of upbringing are these kids experiencing and how can we possibly help them overcome the obvious limitations that come along with a teenager who thinks this is normal, acceptable behavior?

I try not to do it, but I often imagine these kids trying to hold down a job. At the end of the day, that's what's going to carry them through life, not a high school diploma and the reading level of a middle school student (I have no idea how a kid without special needs manages to accomplish this, but they do). So not only are they cheated out of a life that could have expected more of them, but the cycle will undoubtedly continue with the next generation which is often already in the making before they even reach their senior year.

Okay, I shouldn't depress myself. All I want for these kids is SOME chance at happiness, but in one incident involving erect nipples and another involving the attempt to see a boy's penis in life skills class (boy, does she need that class), I sadly foresee quite a damper on this girl's opportunities as well as those of her kids and her kids' kids. Boy, is MY glass half empty today.

4 comments:

nizars.com said...

Lol, maybe she is just having fun, I don't think she seriously wanted the guy to put his pants down in the middle of a class.

x l said...

Wow... I used to work part-time for my local school system, and I remember that one child mentioned that she watches Dave Chappelle. This child was in kindergarten! Then, another student said that he watches dirty movies with his father. When I asked him to confirm what he said, he just acted as if he hadn't said anything. Stuff like that is definitely a cause for concern.

PHSChemGuy said...

I don't know how you can manage to be away from them for the next two weeks...

It must be so tough.

Broke Saudi said...

I miss school and being young and stupid, now it's just the latter.