Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Five Things Meme.

I've been tagged by Gila! So here's some boring facts about me you can happily ignore! I'm a bit embarrassed to fill these out because my guess is that my answers are far too boring to gain interest. I could randomly throw in some spicy sex comment, just to keep you on your toes, but you may stop reading once you've found it...


5 Things I Was Doing Ten Years Ago
1) Graduating 13th grade.
2) Setting off for life in the States.
3) Officially giving up my dream to study puppeteering and puppet making to be a special ed. teacher (it was the next logical choice). I had theoretically made that decision at 14 when I began to do volunteer with with handicapped children, but the small voice was still there until the very last moment.
4) Learning to drive on American roads where I didn't have to pray for survival every second of the way.
5) Beginning my new life with the Yank who would later become my darling, patient, loving husband.

5 Things on My To-Do List Today
1) Shower. I'm feeling gross.
2) Clean the guest bathroom of all the stray bits of kitty litter those bastards kick up every time.
3) Read a bit more of Laughing Without an Accent.
4) Play more with my daughter once she wakes form her nap.
5) Tidy up because our D&D buddies are coming over tonight.

5 Snacks I love
1) Chocolate.
2) Cockles in vinegar.
3) Salt 'n' vinegar crisps/chips.
4) Varieties of cheeses.
5) Anything new and slightly scary looking.

5 Things I'd Do if I Were a Millionaire
1) Refit the master bathroom to have a tub. Or else just buy another house that has one.
2) Pay back my mum for college.
3) Add a library to my house.
4) Save for my kids' college fees.
5) Hire a personal chef.


5 Places I Have Lived
1) United Kingdom.
2) United Arab Emirates.
3) United States.
Nowhere else, unless I spot another country that starts with "United", I guess.


5 Jobs I Have Had
1) Tester for other college students.
2) Helping foreign students develop their English language conversation skills. (I got paid for that! Seriously! What fun!)
3) Middle school special ed. teacher.
4) High school special ed. teacher.
5) Being a hot momma.
I haven't had too many jobs because I couldn't have gotten one when I lived back home, and I wasn't permitted to work off campus with a student visa when I first got here, so my experiences are limited.

4 comments:

Abdallah Haj Abed said...

5) Anything new and slightly scary looking.
I wanted to comment on this and the fact that you said chocolate means you like sweet stuff. well try this:
Add 2 Tbs. of Oatmeal
a big Tbs. of peanut butter
and honey... I'm not going to specify the amount because I like it really sweet so as much as you.

and about the jobs if your happy where you are then you don't really need to have alot of jabs (as in changing from 1 to another) but if you are uncomfortable and want to experience different jobs then I think your still young and you still have the chance!

nizars.com said...

Wasn't boring, I have read worse, I expected a better sex comment than being a hot mom, I feel being cheated, had to read everything just for that comment :@

TeacherLady said...

Abdallah, that sounds nice! I like all the ingredients included.
I'm a creature of habit, unfortunately, so I'd have to experience a really huge push or pull to change jobs.

Nizars, that wasn't even a sexy comment... I couldn't think of one that I could include that wouldn't offend someone out there. I have to remind myself that I have a high threshold for offense and others may not. And that I may have to worry about my colleagues and friends who would read it then have to look me in the eye at some point afterwards. :)

Abel Undercity said...

You mean you reached a point where you stopped feeling the need to pray for survival while driving on American roads? Boy, I hope to get to that point someday. The drivers here (with the sole exception of myself, of course) are completely insane.