Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cosplay Fails (And Some Wins Too)

I was flicking through one of my many Geek magazines I have yet to read, and came across pictures of some incredibly hot chicks dressed as their favorite anime/video game characters and it got me thinking about the not-so-hot ones that inevitably show up at these sort of gatherings. I've never been to one, nor do I intend to as I would have no idea who the hell most of them are supposed to be, but I can appreciate the effort that goes into making these elaborate costumes... And then there are THESE people:

I'm guessing the last guy did it for a laugh, which makes it a little more acceptable... Sadly, I think the infamous fat guy in the Sailor Moon outfit was serious... Seriously Norman Bates, that is....
Now, to repair any possible damage I may have done to your retinas, I've also included the following photos... Might I add that I have wanted the Leia costume for a very long time now and will gladly accept donations towards getting one... I'm no where near as hot as this chick (apparently, her name is Olivia Munn, I live in a cave so I had no idea who she was whehn I found the pic), but I want the costume anyway. And I bet my husband does too.







6 comments:

calencoriel said...

So how sad is it that I want the Raven costume?

ra said...

lol!!

i know im going to get nightmares from the pix in the top half, flipside i know im going to get dreams thanks to the pix in the bottom half

Abel Undercity said...

One of the memories seared into my forebrain from last year's Wizard World Philadelphia is the sight of a guy dressed like James from Team Rocket who wasn't, um, the right body type. Or in the same age group (I'm seriously understating here). In fact, the only upside of seeing him in that blue wig was realizing that he COULD have picked Jessie instead...

Many thanks for following up with antidote, TL.

TeacherLady said...

Ra, Abel, I take care of my peeps. Enjoy the laydeez.

Calen, it's not sad, it's hot. Do it!

Abel Undercity said...

Yeah, calen, there was no wrongness on the right side of that pic.

On the left and downward... agh, scrolling down again, as more antidote is required...

Alexis said...

yeah cosplay can be very exciting in the Bedroom as well :) Kudos