Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas The Musical Stage Show


I totally want to go to this. Not sure how or when, but I've got to do it. It features all the charming songs from the original television special by Paul Williams with some additional material too. I had hoped I could make opening night in the hopes of meeting some of the Muppeteers if they go then, but I don't even know for certain if they'd be there and it'd be awkward with work and all... But if I catch word that a single Muppeteer will be there, I may just be irresponsible and chuck caution to the wind... Or not... I really don't do that sort of thing. I'm far too sensible, damn it. Anyone in Connecticut out there? It looks like a nice place to visit, I may make a mini-vacation out of it...


Here are some bloopers from the making of the original TV movie... Frank Oz cracks me up with or without a script.

6 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

every time you post about the Muppets, I end up smiling...

thanks, TeacherLady...

Anonymous said...

I totally watched those outtakes from the end of Emmet Otters Jugband Christmas a while back ( i own the dvd) and I laughed my ass off!

ra said...

hey TL, Eid Mubarak to you n the family. have fun n drive safe

Abel Undercity said...

Oh! Oh! I remember this! Wow, I haven't thought about this in years, but the songs are coming right back to me! Wow!

You are a treasure, TL.

TeacherLady said...

Oh yeah. I totally got tickets for opening night... I REALLY hope at least one big Muppet person is there... Please...

Phschemguy, I know, it's beautiful how the Muppets have that affect on us!

Anon, I laughed when I saw it for the first time on my DVD too! I love the dedication to getting a drum to roll out just right!

Ra, thanks, I hope you have a lovely Eid too! God I miss Eid food...

Abel, I'm so glad to bring back such warm memories! Paul Williams wrote such utterly delightful songs for this and the Muppet Movie. It makes me wish he wrote more family stuff.

Abel Undercity said...

Muppets? Paul Williams?

(wheels turn noisily in Abel's head)

Something for you at my place, TL! :)