Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Time Warped (and other works) by Trey Parker








Trey Parker's early work on a show he tried pitching called Time Warped. The above episode is about Moses and his brother. (Which kinda reminds me of Jesus and his Brothers, another blasphemous piece of comedic satire.)

I love how they make fun of the blurred focus they always used to have on female love interest characters in older movies. I always wondered about that as a kid.








This one's entitled Rom and Jul.

It's not his best work, but it reminds me a lot of his first big production piece: Cannibal! The Musical, which I really enjoyed... And hey, it's Trey Parker. I love that guy. All of his work has a touch of Monty Python and his own irreverent perspective on everything, which makes for a delightful combination.

If you're REALLY brave and have a stomach of steel, you should look up Princess. This is what happens when producers say "Hey Trey, Matt, do whatever the hell you like, no holds barred..." The result is horrifying. Only two webisodes were released before someone choked on his own vomit and said "Err. That's enough, guys. You need professional help". Obviously, these 'quotes' are from my own imagination. I'm guessing the real response included the words "sick fucks, Jesus Christ, what..? Were you abused as children?" but I'd hate to make wild conjectures.

No comments: