Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

No Time For TV


I love having use of a DVR to store the many number of shows and movies I intend on watching once that elusive concept of "free time" becomes a reality, but now that I think about it... It's absolutely ridiculous how many TV series I am in the midst of watching. Here's a list of all the shows I am following/intend to follow, with varying degrees of fidelity, until I hope to have seen each and every one ever made:





Twilight Zone (the original, I'm sure I've missed a few here and there)







4400 (which has one of my favorite opening credits)







Hex (which features the best lesbian character in a TV show I've ever seen. No, I've never seen the L-Word, so I guess I can't pass judgement. Anyway, I would watch a series revolving entirely around her if they would make it/)






Doctor Who (any incarnation of the character)



Mad Men (I adore the costumes and what better way to examine human culture during a period than though their commercials and products?)




Pushing Daisies (you may see my flow of thought with these last four!)

So You Think You Can Dance (go on. Laugh. See if I give a flying pirouette.)

The Closer (I rather like Kyra Sedgwick! I didn't think I would.)



Medium (not my favorite show, but I think the cast is charming)

Ashes to Ashes (no where near as good as the preceding show Life on Mars, but I get to see Philip Glenister whose outrageous sexist remarks are strangely cute. It'll be interesting seeing the American version when that starts)


Farscape (only ever saw the pilot, but I've heard good things about it)

The Tomorrow People (cute British kids' sci-fi show from the 70s. Sure beats a lot of the crap on offer to kids today)


Xena (yup. Feel free to laugh)



Porridge (starring Kate Bekinsale's dad who died young, bless him)

'Allo 'Allo (in all its puerile glory)




10 comments:

Chris said...

Just gonna say that the last season and series finale of Six Feet Under may be the best thing ever shown on tv.

Julie said...

Oz is my favorite show ever. I never knew I could so get wrapped up in two pretty despicable characters and their love stories. Or think them making out was kind of hot. I guess if straight guys can be all, "YEAH! TWO GIRLS KISSING!!!" I can be, "YEAH! TWO BOYS KISSING!!!", right?

Ange said...

Okay, I read your each and every post - but through bloglines, and I'm so lazy that I never bother to comment.

This post dragged me into the comments becuase of your absolutely awesome taste in TV:

'Allo 'Allo
Only Fools and Horses
Doctor Who
Dexter
Torchwood
Twilight Zone

These shows don't get nearly enough appreciation by most people :)

Broke Saudi said...

You should check out Jekyll, it's a pretty cool take on the whole Jekyll/Hyde story.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497298/

TeacherLady said...

Chris, I feel dreadful that I've left that series so long, but I look forward to getting back to it. It's rather beautiful in a grotesque sort of way!

Julie, I've always had the "forbidden fruit" feeling towards seeing two guys kiss. I only tend to get hot over people who may wish to reciprocate! Unless they're bi-curious, I would think my chances would be zilch!

Ange, ooh, thanks for being such a dedicated reader (or else someone with far too much time on her hands, whatever). And thanks for the compliment, those shows do indeed rock. Through unfortunate circumstances (ie. sitting on a plane and tired of reading), I got to see the final episode of Only Fools and I was embarrassed at how moved I was! What a feeling of "AT LAST!"
I only know one friend who watches Dexter, but then it's Showtime... I don't get it either, I just get the DVDs second hand.
As for Twilight Zone, I freaking love decent anthology shows. Not many of those at all.
Broke Saudi, I was going to get into Jekyll but missed the pilot due to a freak recording accident... I guess I should keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hani Obaid said...

wow, I could pick most of my favorites out of a fraction of your list :)

Sam said...

wow when r u gonna watch all those...?? i used to love xena...does it still come on??

Ange said...

I was introduced to most of the British shows when living in Serbia and restricted to whatever they were playing with Serbian subtitles. The British shows were a million times better than what you could get of North American TV (Nash Bridges, Baywatch, King of Queens ...), so I started watching them and fell in love. Once you go British ... you can't go back!

Realm Of Dreams said...

I love British TV, but they can make their stinkers too. I just watched the pilot of Primeval and it was a cliche ridden piece of crap.

Anonymous said...

your site is very beautiful.and i want ask you if you can put my link to my blog in your site .it is kind of you .my blog is
http://egyptian12.blogspot.com/