Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The End of an Era

It is a sad day indeed... My daughter has begun to show signs of embarrassment at her own flatulence. Gone are the days that she can enjoy her gassy bodily functions in the ways adults can only dream of (or go right ahead and do anyway, as I've come to learn from some of my male colleagues). I don't know how she learned to respond that way at her farts, but my guess is the way her parents both giggle and exclaim "What did you do?" and generally act big idiots about the whole thing.
In place of her giggling "A fart" in response to our question, she now changes the subject. Loudly. As though some how she can posthumously cover up the offending noise with her delayed shouting. Example:

"Sing ABCD, mommy..."
"Okay... A..." Just then, an enormous fart then issues from my tiny two year old. I laugh. Of course. "... What did you do?"
"SING. A. B. C. D."
I can tell from her face that she'd rather we drop the whole flatulence line of conversation completely and instead enjoy alphabetical pursuits.

She has also decided it is no longer cool to call ketchup "dippy dip", the name she created for it. I wondered how long that little delight would last. Sigh. My baby is growing up.

3 comments:

Farah said...

Someday your daughter will read this, and she will disown you. :)

'liya said...

Awww :D

Mrs Dynamite aka Lorena +Wonder Women... said...

hahahahahah , Sara still enjoying her farts and laught about them .. hubby as egyptian is the one say Sara !! thats not polite .. and she got red on her face and feel shy ... but what to do ... have a good day !