Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wii Fit!


I’m in love. Since having to quit belly dancing for a little while, I’ve been actively engaged in the less than effective sport of channel surfing, so I was absolutely delighted when my darling husband was able to acquire Wii Fit for us. I love my husband for being so fantastic, and I love my Wii Fit because of my expanding ass and thighs.

I was never the type to make use of a gym. The cost, the humiliation, and the time required are more than I am willing to concede. Due to a long term shoulder injury acquired during the last show I was in this year (my rotator cuff is slightly screwed), I wouldn’t be able to make use of a lot of gym facilities anyway. Wii Fit is the best thing for me. I can track my weight, BMI, and even my skill at each individual activity.

Normally the only motivation for me to run would be to retrieve my daughter from the edge of a busy road or else to escape from the clutches of an evil maniacal villain. Not wanting to have to experience either in order to get my ass in gear, I was delighted to actually feel inspired to jog/run with Wii Fit. The additional motivation of unlocking new activities and difficulty levels is enough to spur this gamer on.

Two weeks ago, the only exercise I did was to walk into the woods with my daughter and carry her over the muddier bits in an attempt to benefit from the Jedi-and-his-midget-master method of burning calories. Didn’t work. I was especially unsuccessful at doing that flip with her on my shoulders. Kept falling off… Anyway, this past week, I worked out an hour and a half total. Yay me! I may lose these blasted saddlebags after all!

The only tweaking my husband and I agreed would be a bonus to Wii Fit would be to add a dominatrix style hard ass trainer who threatens to spank you if you fail your goal... Or achieve it... Whatever floats your boat, baby.

8 comments:

Arima said...

Thanks for the review...I'd been wondering how good this would be

'liya said...

I've never heard about this but it sounds good, I need to do some research. I want to make my body more physically fit but don't like the idea of going to a gym to show everyone how out of breath I get after 1 minute of cycling. It's also embarassing because V works out everyday, in fact, he's at the gym right now.

PHSChemGuy said...

We've had it since release day, and it's awesome.

A little more variety in the trainers would be nice, admittedly, but the entire thing rocks.

The Observer said...

I want one for me! Tell us how good it is in a month or so :)

'liya said...

Coincedence.. I read this yesterday and just saw the commercial for it on TV today! (never hearing or seeing anything about it before)

TeacherLady said...

'Liya, maybe it was the same ad I saw yesterday while watching So You Think You Can Dance... It doesn't show all the great benefits the program has t offer, but it does get across the accessibility and fun factors. I really am NOT a gym person, so it sounds like it'd be great for you too!
Phschemguy, I wish it had the facility to allow for downloadable additions. That would really rock.

TeacherLady said...

PS: The Observer, so far I've not lost a lot of weight, but I'm not particularly overweight to begin with... But I do think my stamina has increased and I'm less likely to get out of breath as easily too.

Hani Obaid said...

Hmmm I'm gonna have to look into this. Even if it just gets me to do some exercise, without losing weight, for someone who sits on a desk most of the day, that's improvement!