Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Sheer Class.

Sadly, it's not uncommon for us 9th grade teachers to have pregnant students in the class, quite often they get pregnant over the summer in between their 8th and 9th grade years and I never know quite how to respond to them. I hardly feel comfortable squealing "Congratulations!" like I would to a colleague, but we seem to be at an age where we're expected to never say or do anything that may damage a student's ego, so I can hardly visibly wince and say "Yeesh. Your mother must be proud. What the hell are you doing, having sex at 14 or 15 anyway? Gross... Don't you still watch Nickelodeon?"

Now, I know I can't judge all pregnant teenagers the same way, but I'm certainly entitled to an opinion that this charming little lady inspired in me:

Pregnant Teen: (Groans and rubs her exposed belly as she hikes up her t-shirt all the way up under her breasts) Man, I love me some dick.

Friend: Shh, there's teachers...

Pregnant Teen: I don't care. I LOVE DICK and that's why I got this way...


I wish I were joking, or at least exaggerating or paraphrasing, but I'm not. She bears her bump more as an announcement to her enjoyment of sex rather than as a symbol of her love of children and the desire to nurture her own and the dream of raising the child with a partner she felt worthy of the privilege.

She's messed up. Her kid will be messed up.

And the fantastic cycle of shitty parenting, abuse or neglect, and preventable disabilities continues.

8 comments:

Arima said...

Eugh...that's horrible. I pray that things will work out for her child at least

Qwaider قويدر said...

I know it's not supposed to be funny!
But it's so damn funny!

At least the little lady is being honest! Older ladies should take note and wear shirts that say "Love Dick, if it only wasn't connected the big asshole!" :)

Gila said...

That is soooo sad.....

PHSChemGuy said...

The problems that we're dealing with are sometimes so large, so vast, so ingrained that I don't see any way that we'll ever solve them without blowing up an entire portion of society and starting over.

Sad stuff...

'liya said...

I feel sorry for the baby :(

Toker said...

I do feel sorry for the baby...and I'm glad I don't know the parents, cause I would curse them to no end..but "Stupid Is as Stupid Does"

Cairogal said...

Pretty fucked up, huh? I just think of myself at 14. What has happened in the past 20 years??

Hani Obaid said...

When someone says you shouldn't teach teenagers about contraceptives, I would give them this girl as an example of why you must. Even abortion would more merciful than having her raise the kid.