Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Busy Time for Holidays

I'm rather busy at the moment, but I wanted to wish everyone a great time celebrating Holi, Eid, Easter, Persian New Year, Purim, Magha Puja. My husband and I will be scattering plastic eggs about the house filled with little treats for our daughter to hunt for tomorrow. I used to do that for my sister when we were much younger and I learned the hard way that it really is a good idea to make some sort of note of where you hid them... Finding a little chocolate treat months later under my ass on the easy chair was totally not cool.

I found a new recipe I'm going to try... I'm feeling ill right now, so I wanted something simple to do with my daughter's help...

You get vanilla wafers, sandwich them with creamy peanut butter in the middle, and then dip half of it into melted semi-sweet chocolate then leave to cool down. I'll let you know if it turns out well or not.

I really want to get back into serious cooking but so many things keep coming up to exhaust me.

4 comments:

Tala said...

lol Happy Holidays Teacher Ladyy

you know you can make chocolate desert too, its very easy and fun to do with kids, just get some biscuits and wallnuts and butter, crush them in the blender and make a crust to put in a baking pan and let it bake for 10 minutes, then get some chocolate pudding and put it in a thick layer and add some whipped cream on top wallnut/chocolate syrup. quick easy and yummy :D

TeacherLady said...

Oooh! I must try that... Please feel free to throw recipes at me anytime, I love trying things people have actually tried and enjoyed. Thanks!

humble simpleton said...

Simple and with daughter's help? Eintopf!
Eintopf is originally German name, literally "one pot", you need said one pot (the bigger, the better :-)), you throw in everything you have home and you boil it. It's as simple even I can do it. :-) My outcome is usually a dense soup full of good things.

Gila said...

Happy Easter! Or Persian New Year! Or Eid! Or Purim!

As for easy stuff--let me see if I can remember--crushed biscuits, sweet cocoa powder, margerine. Mash it up. Roll it into balls. Roll the balls in coconut. Eat.

Worked at a daycare center when I first moved to Israel. That was one of our activities....