Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sweatpants and Sweatshops?

Great. I know most of the clothing I own was probably made by some poor abused individual whose only escape from forced prostitution is to split their fingers making my damn underwear, but here's further confirmation provided to me by my husband.

So the next time we slip into our Victoria's Secret teddies or maximum semi-balcony cleavage padded underwired over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder, rather than feeling sexy, we should feel a little guilty too.

Perfect. Just what the world needs. More guilt attached to sex.

Shame, shame, unclean, unclean...

2 comments:

lost within said...

Make ur own underpants!

What these people undergo is really inhumane!

They work for so many hours under the worst working conditions for the least of the minimum wages to make the world's most luxurious stuff!!
feeling a bit guilty won't kill any one!!!

TeacherLady said...

I'd hate to see what the results would look like if I tried to make my own undies...

I didn't mean to make light of the situation, hence my drawing it to my readers' attention in the first place. This matters to me.