Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Horse Fights?


I've heard of cock fights, dog fights, and human fight clubs... But now they're dragging poor horsies into it too.
How sad that we should extend our love of killing for amusement to the animal kingdom which reserves killing for survival?
I know I sound awfully middle class lefty because I have the luxury of other forms of amusement and income besides the mutilation of animals, but surely there are less vile ways of making money in poorer countries or am I just being naive?!

And before anyone whines that I should care more about humans who are treated this way and worse, I DO care. It is possible to care about all types of animals at the same time, bipedal or otherwise.

No comments: