Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

6 Things To Do Before You Turn 18.

I have been tagged by Tala.
I must name 6 things one must do before turning 18... Hm...

1) READ. You'll look like an idiot if you get to college and utter those infernal words "Uh. I don't read. I hate reading." There is something out there for everyone. Believe me. (I'm channeling Bomani... "Read a book, read a book...")

2) Find a friend you can share endless phone calls with during which you touch on thoughts on religion, death, sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll late into the night. It's good to clear things up with someone, and who knows? You may learn someone about yourself you never knew. And by "friend", I don't mean Mr. McCreepy whose in his 40s and lives alone at the end of the street where even the bravest trick-or-treater won't go.)

3) Stand in front of the mirror and dare yourself to see the beauty you always deny in favor of that one pimple or that little bit of fat.

4) Try foreign food. You never know where you might end up and it's always nice to make friends with someone who's willing to try new stuff versus that little fraidy cat who whimpers at the sight of a chicken tikka masala.

5) Do volunteer work. Put that damn cell phone down for an hour and help someone who needs it. The mall won't miss you THAT much.

6) Tell your parents you love them.

2 comments:

Tala said...

i knew you are going to say nice things, enjoyed it :D

TeacherLady said...

I could have been a smart ass about it, but I decided not to be.