Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Studying.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I love my colleagues (you sexy, beautiful people, you). Another example of why I hold my peers so near to my heart happened the day before yesterday. I've started studying for my citizenship test and so they've taken it upon themselves to randomly question me on American civics.

BlueEyes literally leaped out from his hiding place and into my classroom shouting "NAME THE ORIGINAL 13 COLONIES!" He must have passed the word around because, while walking down the hall, HotHistoryGuy's voice quietly muttered "Uhm. How many... Uhh... Senators can each state have?"

I like it. It's keeping me on my toes, although I'm beginning to develop a Pavlovian reaction and shout out things like "George Washington!" or "The Bill of Rights!" whenever I see them.

2 comments:

kinzi said...

That is SO cute. Let us know when the big day is. You are just the kind of person I'd like to have as a fellow citizen. :)

TeacherLady said...

Aw, thanks Kinzi... That's a very sweet thing to say. I'll let you know, though it'll be some time, I imagine.