Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Terry Pratchett "I Am Not Dead" But Has Alzheimer's.

Dammit, this freaking sucks. Terry Pratchett has Alzheimer's disease. Obviously, it sucks for anyone to suffer this debilitating disease, but I love Terry Pratchett. I wrote to him once and he actually wrote back. I like big important people who don't act big and important.

Glad to hear he's facing it with the kind of humor we'd expect from him... Also glad to hear his stories are being adapted for the small screen... I saw some of the cartoons based on his stuff, but not live action.

To quote Death, "Bugger."

2 comments:

7aki Fadi said...

Never heard of him and I love to read so thanks. I will check out his books :D

TeacherLady said...

He's written a great series of called The Discworld novels, but you need to be familiar with some of the background... If you were to read "Mort" I think you'd get the gist of it and not need to read the series from the start. Or "Soul Music". I've not read all of his stuff, but I hope to read a lot more.