Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Advertising In Your Head?

I don't know whether I would find this more offensive if I was actually there to experience it or not, but right now I think this is SUCH a cool way to advertise a TV show about the paranormal... They transmit sound as an "audio spotlight" such that it sounds really close to you, as though some unseen person is within whisper-range.

Now if this became a method of advertising for EVERYTHING, that's when it would get annoying. While I don't believe in the paranormal, it makes for good storytelling but I don't think I'll be checking out Paranormal State. The cheese factor looks a little to high for me.

3 comments:

PHSChemGuy said...

That's creepy...very creepy...

Dazed & Confused said...

tres cool , just love it :)

with Tivo and the ability to skip ads , they had to get creative and creative is what this is !

TeacherLady said...

True, with my TiVo, I hardly see any ads at all. I'm so behind on everything in general that I don't even know a show has been canceled until my TiVo stops recording it.