Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Notes From a Teenage Mind.


The teachers I work with directly have found a new source of entertainment for the whole group. They've taken to confiscating notes and then staging dramatic readings of the discoveries amongst ourselves. Sadly, I've learned a thing or two about the mind of the average student I teach (not necessarily ones with special needs.)






  1. They can't spell worth shit. Who the hell spells 'why' as 'wy'?


  2. Girls who "sucks things" are nasty and no guy wants to kiss them. Girls who swallow are even more gross. Thankfully, my husband is open-minded about such matters and doesn't hold it against me. He such a sacrificing, tolerant man.


  3. The best way to romance a girl is to ask "wanna fuck?"


  4. The only written response to such a question has always been "NO". Always in all capitals.


  5. Boys don't necessarily feel above the possibility of then pleading and begging and asking "wy".


  6. History class is apparently an appropriate time to ask your friend if her boyfriend "pulled out" or not.


I don't know which moment is more amusing... The look on the student's face the second the teacher picks up the note amid it's composition or the passing process, or the next day when they know said teacher has read it and knows something he/she shouldn't about said student, usually involving their genitals, sexual activity, or who they would most like to mount like a rabid bunny.



On a personal note, (no pun intended), I never confiscate notes. I just give a look and they gratefully stuff the note in their pocket, relieved I've not learned of their dark secrets. They are then scared enough to actually get to work without complaint. There's no way they'd be able to concentrate on the lesson if they were too caught up in the embarrassment of knowing the note will be read by someone they have to see five days a week. I use the situation to my advantage.



However, that being said, I bet we're going to find some great ones around mid-February!



3 comments:

Hani Obaid said...

lol@husband being tolerant.

I remember the only time I cheated in school was when my girlfriend at the time, crumpled her multiple choice exam paper, and threw it at my desk. At that point, I didn't have much choice.

I filled it out and threw it back. The teacher who was an older gentlemen didn't notice anything.

Unfortunately other students did, and one particularily (named Alvaro) who got a bad mark on that exam went to the teacher and said: "Its not fair, the other kids were cheating". At which point the teacher spent more than 2 weeks trying to extract a confession out of Alvaro as to who was cheating (including calling in his parents).

In the meantime both my girlfriend and I were in terror, and had to thank Alvaro for remaining silent ! (which he wouldn't have had to do if he didn't tell the teacher we were cheating in the first place).

So the moral of the story is don't cheat, or is it don't get caught cheating ?

TeacherLady said...

As a teacher, cheating just annoys me a whole heck of a lot. I usually allow my students to retake tests because I want them to learn the content, so then I have to take more time making them take it again and usually they cheat because they don't understand it, so it involves additional time to re-teach it... Or else they're just being lazy bastards in which case I don't allow a re-sit.
Alvaro was a brave soul! Good for him!

TeacherLady said...

PS: I always feel the need to throw in lines about my sexual activities just to creep out the real life friends I have who read this blog. I just want to push it until they can no longer look me in the eye!