Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Charities

Please feel free to explore the charities I have listed on the right hand side of my blog. If none of those specific charities interest you, please explore Give.org and perhaps you may find a cause you'd like to support or share with your readers on your own blogs/sites. Also, don't forget to try the Free Rice link and test your knowledge of vocabulary and feed the poor at the same time!

2 comments:

humble simpleton said...

Let me point your attention to the speech of Czech president Vaclav Klaus in Lagos yesterday.
Also read something about Peruvian economist Hernando deSoto and his latest book 'The Mystery of Capital: Why Capitalism Triumphs in the West and Fails Everywhere Else'.
And finally, one proverb says:'Give the man a fish - you feed him for the day, teach the man to fish - you feed him for the lifetime.'
Bonus bonmot: Foreign aid is an efficient method for transferring money from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.

TeacherLady said...

I do strongly believe in teaching self-sufficiency which is why I sponsor a woman and a child through two charities that support that philosophy. I don't believe in hand-outs, but Free Rice is just fun and hand outs are a quick fix to a problem a government fails to address properly.
I'd be really interested to read that book... Perhaps once I've finished this online class...
I'll read that speech later. Right now, the husband, the sofa, and the 65 inch TV are awaiting my arrival... I'll take the boob tube over international policy for now.