Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Monday, September 24, 2007

The Nazi Next Door.

Couldn't you just imagine a really horrific sitcom based on this news story of a survivor of the Holocaust discovering that his next door neighbour used to be a member of the SS? Hey, if you can have a comedy about a prisoner of war camp, or the French resistance to the Nazi movement you can thumb your nose at the concept of good taste by making a rip-roaring farce complete with tinny canned laughter involving good old fashioned genocide-themed giggles. Oh wait... It's already been done... I'm looking forward to watching the pilot episode my husband downloaded.

6 comments:

'liya said...

Wow.. I guess you can never be too sure to know who your neighbours are :S

TeacherLady said...

Our neighbours must think we're psychopathic murderers... We never mingle with the inhabitants of our cul-de-sac, and whenever we greet them, it's brief and cordial. For all they know we're got dozens of bodies under our poorly maintained flower bed.

humble simpleton said...

I like "'Allo 'Allo!" Helga is one whole piece of a babe.
Hey but I don't like some details about this story. In an retirement complex in the US, you can have a photo of yourself in a SS uniform on the wall? For four years? Would you try to conceal your past by having such photo on the wall? This OSI is really hunting down granddads, who are about to die in a week or two? I know the true nature of the camp at Sachsenhausen, and I've never been there. Would a guard from there use an excuse "I didn't now the true nature"? And how about the OSI shortened the two-year investigation to one second, looking at said photo?
Somebody please go to the BBC house and kick the arse of the reporter who wrote this, twice at least. Or convince them to become Russian, and call themselves VVS (very very stupid). (BBC - VVS in azbuka)

TeacherLady said...

Humble, I don't think we'll ever be entirely happy with the way articles are written by most reporters. The one time my husband and I were interviewed by a local paper, they didn't get even the silliest details correct... The number of years we were married... You think they'd be capable of typing out a one digit number correctly, but noooo...
Yes, Helga was incredibly hot. Those suspenders were quiveringly sexy!

humble simpleton said...

And how about Harry Makepeace?

TeacherLady said...

Wow, what a blast from the past! I haven't seen that in AGES! Now I want to see it again... Dempsey and Makepeace, I mean... Thanks!!