Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Muppets Again.

In direct reference to my previous post in which I mentioned how the Henson company used to have such a healthy attitude towards the entertainment industry as a business, I must direct you to this charming pitch reel they made in an attempt to get The Muppet Show on the air. Henson's tongue-in-cheek commentary towards patriotism, religious importance, and the value of something as petty as money made me grin. Of course, Henson was an astute business man who knew that he needed money in order to do what he loved, but I always perceived his drive to mainly come from his love of spreading joy and simply having a blast doing what he did best.

4 comments:

humble simpleton said...

Freaky long-haired dirty cynical hippies will love our freaky long-haired dirty cynical muppets, loool.
Nevertheless, there must be some essence that makes rag muppets immortal, and the lack of it makes multi-million megaultramovies forgotten once they disappear from cinemas and win their oscars. I don't know what it is, and in fact I don't wanna know. I'm just happy there are works rich with that essence.

PHSChemGuy said...

Love the muppets...love 'em, love 'em, love 'em...

TeacherLady said...

Should I ever vanish from this town I call home, it would be to run away to work for Henson or Sesame Workshop. I refuse to admit that Disney now owns to Muppets and anyway... I'd never work for Disney because that's tantamount to selling your soul to Beelzebub.

humble simpleton said...

How about I point your attention to some kids stuff I've been watching in my early stages? Since 1965 Czech TV gives short goodnight fairytale for the kids before the main news at about 7 PM. Here goes my 'best of'. Don't worry, most of it is without speech.

Let's start with
Spejbl a Hurvinek. Here Hurvinek brings home a rabbit to keep it, before they build a rabbit-hutch in the school, and tells his father Spejbl that it is blue-eyed syberian marmot (marmotus syberianus bluebulvus).
Pat a Mat. Very ingenious and innovative handymen. Making of.
Mole, so cute.

Rakosnicek.
Here the weather forecast says 'clear skies', which is bad for the duck, because the hunters could hit it, so the Reedman tries to cook some fog.
Kremilek a Vochomurka. First they help the cannoneer, then the bad guy comes to tear down their chimney and the cannoneer pays back.
?Italian? Lilliput-put. In Czech rep it went as "Tales from the grass." See for yourself the truth of the name. Especially the Termite must be high as a kite.
Here goes Polish Bolek i Lolek
and Famous Hunter Pampalini
German legendary Maya the Bee
Russian legendary Nu pogodi! (Just wait!)
Of course KITT and his front red lights going left and right.
Only today sweeping through youtube I found this breathtaking Statue of E. Definition of totality in 5 minutes.

PS:I pity todays minors, who have to watch the abominable teletubbies and such boolsheed. This is 'the Essence' versus 'the Curse.'
Enjoy and tell us how did your crawler like it. I pray the tags are good, this is waay too long.