Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Blease To Speak English, Habibty.

My apologies to any Syrians reading this. I was sent these pictures under the subject title "Don't you love Syria?" or something along those lines, but it could easily be applied to any Middle Eastern country, because God knows I grew up with loads of similar sights.

For those who don't know... There is no letter "p" in the modern Arabic alphabet, and so "b" is often substituted. I HATED hearing people say "hamboorger", but "Bebsi" on the side was even worse.

And shut up. I can make fun. Being half Arab entitles me to laugh at my own people, guilt free. I laugh at others for a minor additional fee, but it's so worth it.















































8 comments:

Sam said...

*LOL* those are hillarious!

ra said...

lol!!

hey im staying out here, so i can wholly relate. lol.

spent so much time in the middle east, its a wonder im not arab.
lol!!

TeacherLady said...

Ra, feel free to be an honorary Arab. Not sure if that's really an "honor" as such, but it's meant with good intentions. I'm an honorary Indian because I could live off of the food, banghra rocks, and I totally dig high quality Bollywood movies (Lagaan, Black, Mangal Padnay The Rising), and I know how to put on my saris without looking like I got caught up in my laundry on a windy day.

ra said...

welcome honorary Indian. having said that im not very indian, at least most of my friends say so. I dont watch hindi movies, lotsa indian food upsets my sensitive stomach. heck it doesnt even have to be indian food.

lol @ the sari desc.

i guess im more a honorary earthling.

humble simpleton said...

'Chick point' is the best

TeacherLady said...

Humble, I thought so too. It looked like a gesture of mindless optimism on the parts of the guards!
Ra, I pity you. Nothing hits the spot for me like a chicken makhani or korma... Mmm...

humble simpleton said...

It's not christmas, but here's something for you, honorary Indian.

Nuri said...

ha ha... so did you go to Dr Shit?