Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Why is Boromir Singing?


As cheesy as it may be, I'm rather excited about the idea of seeing the huge production of The Lord of the Rings, the musical which I'd heard about when it initially opened in Canada. Normally, it's enough to add the words "The Musical" after the title of a well-known story to make any well-respected appreciator of art scoff and snort his caviar out his nose, but I'm an open-minded gal, I'm willing to give anything a go once.

These backstage blogs have some nice footage of the talent involved, snippets of music, and a wonderful look at the costumes and acrobatics. I'm not sure when I'll next be in London, but I'd definitely go see this.
This could very easily go either way... It could be another failed attempt to turn a movie into a musical, or it could be the next Les Miserables. One wonders what Spider-Man The Musical will be like... Or what the apparently shelved Batman The Musical, penned by Jim Steinman would have been like, but that's an entirely different kettle of fish.

4 comments:

ra said...

hi, would it be okay if i posted your april 16th cowism post on my blog? i laugh so much everytime i read it.

with credit to you of course.

TeacherLady said...

Oh I didn't write it, it's one of those things that floats around the internet a lot. Sure, go ahead, but don't give credit to me!

humble simpleton said...

Oh yea, this is showbiznys. Turning everything into anything else. When they even make films based on computer games, I'm only waiting for:
Horny Teens the Musical - show with singing and dancing.
hihihi

TeacherLady said...

I would say "They already have done, it's called 'Grease'" but that would imply that the actors do a good job of looking like teenagers. Shyeah, right. It's like the actors from 90210... If they had walked into a prom, they'd be arrested as perverts.