Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

There ARE Stupid Questions.


I have been asked some astoundingly stupid questions in my short lifetime, and as bad of a mood that I'm in at the moment, I need to reflect on some in the hopes that it will cheer me up and stop me from fantasizing about punching the school psychologist in the face.


"Are you a boy or a girl?" asked of me by a boy who's doubtlessly burdoned with the challenging task of collecting shopping carts from parking lots at this very moment. I had shoulder length hair at the time AND I WAS WEARING A SWIMSUIT. Needless to say, it led to my first attempt to cross-dress and see if I could avoid being sexually harassed by sexually repressed men. Knowing my luck, I would have been hassled by a gay pedophile if I'd been successful.


"Do you celebrate Thanksgiving where you come from?" I've been asked this more than once. Yes, we always celebrate the significant historical events of other countries.
Of course, there are these classics.

Doubtlessly, I'll be able to expand upon this topic as life continues to trundle on.


7 comments:

humble simpleton said...

What? You don't celebrate Saints Cyrill and Methodius? You don't celebrate Magister John Huss? But you do celebrate St. Wenceslas don't you? Otherwise I would seriously think about screwing your blog forever.

TeacherLady said...

Actually, I would LOVE to celebrate Holi where you get to celebrate the colors of life and chuck colored powders all over each other... And I always think of Daffodils on St. David's Day, and I always play Adamn Sandler's Hannukah song at the appropriate time! It comes from growing up in a very open-minded household... And I'm just greedy for any opportunity to celebrate!

humble simpleton said...

Then, to extinguish your greed: Arrival of Saints Cyrill and Methodius to Great Moravia in 863 - 7/5
Death of Magister John Huss on the stake in 1415 - 7/6
See? 2 days in a row. Just why couldn't the stupid Germans hold 2 more months and capitulate 7/7? Would be 3 days off then!

Nuri said...

ha ha ha!!! I was asked the weirdest questions when I was in California. I showed a postcard of a medieval town in Spain to a guy in my class and he said quite serious: "you don't have highways, do you?"

Nuri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nuri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TeacherLady said...

I do love that kind of naivete... It's almost cute!