Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Th-Th-Th-That's All Folks

Having had the opportunity to spend an extended weekend with my little 13 month old daughter, I've come to realize how my life often turns into a Warner Bros. cartoon with the late Chuck Jones as the director. Much like the poor sap who is suddenly thrown into babysitting circumstances, I chase after her all day long, catching the proverbial anvil in the head to save her own head, or my absolute favorite... Catching her in mid-air as she falls off of a piece of furniture and her head is barely an inch or two above the ground... I then set her down, and she keeps going without missing a beat. I strongly suspect that she puts this repeated experience down to one fact... She can fly. Never having hit the ground when she falls off of her little chair/train table/sofa/etc, she must have come to the conclusion that her little body defies gravity.



I'm on the look out for the inevitable chasm I'm going to have to lay my body over for her to use me as a bridge.


No comments: