Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Friday, March 02, 2007

You Call That Art?



I know I could pick on far worse examples of shite art, but I have to point this out. Cutting out photos, painting them with watered down pink paint and then drawing blue crayon circles onto them is NOT ART... Unless you're talking about mass-produced crap that people fall over themselves for. Dave McKean can pull it off. This lady can't.

In reality, I'm just jealous because I haven't picked up one of my drawing pencils and created something in a very long time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what sucks? When you have so many vivid images in your head, and as soon as the pencil makes contact with the paper, your great drawing turns into a stick figure.

I'm jealous of artists, I have a heart of an artist, but my hands arn't so blessed.

zhen said...

see, that kind of thing esthetically appeals to me because of my tastes. I have been far from blessed with drawing/painting artistic talents my calling being elsewhere but I do like that kind of thing. I believe all things are art if done to enhance your talents and make the world a better place.

TeacherLady said...

Zhen, I found it pleasing until I realized every single piece of her art looks almost exactly the same with three crayon circles and the tink to each photograph that she didn't even take...

anon, When I had the TIME to draw, I would sometimes struggle to get across the image I have in my mind's eye, but then I didn't often draw something entirely from my own imagination. I often drew things I could see.