Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Stop It Or I'll "Condemn" You!

Thank God for the UN, going around CONDEMNING things. We can all rest easy tonight, knowing the UN has shaken its finger at Sudan's government over the atrocities of Darfur. They demand international intervention, but then my guess is that the Imperial Power that is the United States would be accused of expanding their evil clutches to include the African continent if they did intervene.
Why is everyone fumbling around like the Three Stooges over this one? Why are we using words like "outrage" and "condemn" when we should be carrying out strategies and plans?
The UN has to be one of the most ineffectual organizations I've ever seen in the face of enormous crimes committed against humanity.

3 comments:

Joan said...

The celebrities are worse. They condemn the US for going into Iraq and yet they have petitions for "intervention" in Darfur. Ummm...yeah...what do they think we could do other than taking military action? Have ten thousand nuns fly over with rulers to slap them on the tops of their hands and tell them what bad little rebels they are?

Anonymous said...

tell me about it. If I could just sit around and condemn things my life would be a hell of a lot easier...

TeacherLady said...

My brother suggests that their ineffective existence is attributed to their low budget. But then I think back to the days my mother worked for UNICEF and she constantly saw funds disappearing or being spent on less than noble causes even at the level she was at, which wasn't particularly high.