Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Do You Have a Note Excusing Your Absence?

A bill has been proposed in Texas that would fine and punish parents who fail to show up for scheduled parent-teacher conferences. It has been suggested that this would be a sly way of weeding out illegal immigrants who fear showing up to school functions would reveal themselves to the authorities, but I think it's just a sure-fire way of making shit-loads of cash. I think out of all the parents who failed to show up for scheduled meetings with me, only one has called to inform me that they couldn't make it. I just figure they either forgot or something else came up, I hold no grudges. I certainly wouldn't think to fine them. Well, not unless I got the money....

No comments: