Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

In Defense.

I must include a second post in regards to the quality of teachers with whom I work. It must be noted that the few complaints I've made are indeed FEW and the number of people responsible for such complaints are also few. In fact, one of the main reasons I couldn't imagine working anywhere else is because of the amazing people I come in contact with every day. I want to be some of them when I grow up. As I do with my students, I must not focus on the negative!

Because of the people I work with, local and state charities get enormous contributions, families get Christmas gifts (including the girl who had no P.E. gear), staff who are forced to retire because of illness get a gift of over a thousand dollars from the pockets of their colleagues, local families who lose their houses in conflagration are given the gift of clothes and blankets and toys for the kids. I know of no other career where people are so willing to spend their own money to expand on the experience of their "clients" or provide them with incentives. Students who open a door to hell when they go home have made us their family and their classes their safe havens.

We are nurses, counselors, parents, teachers, mentors, and police officers and yes, some of us can be asses too. I guess it's just a statistical probability.

No comments: