Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hey, aren't you...?

I suddenly remembered something that happened to me while I was in college. I was in line to pay for my lunch and the cashier caught my eye. Was he Arab? His skin wasn't very dark, but his hair was, and his eyebrows were thick and his nose prominent. He gave me the same look of silent analysis.
"Excuse me, are you..?" "Do you mind if I ask..?"
"You first."
"Are you Jewish?"
"No... Funny, I was about to ask you if you were Arab! Just goes to show, huh?"
"Yeah! Hey, nice to meet you..."
"Nice to meet you too."

An armistice in a cafeteria. I always knew a place of eating was the right environment for peace.

No comments: