Disclaimer: Some content is inappropriate for readers under 18 years of age or those offended by swear words, references to sexuality, atheism, and libertarianism.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Blogs away!

Right. Here we go. I'm blogging. I had really hoped I wouldn't start doing this. I don't even write in my diary anymore, for God's sake. Is it narcissitic to think anyone would be remotely interested in my thoughts on life, the universe, and everything? I suppose there's always an audience for someone out there. If I've gained one or two, welcome. I'll update the look once I've learned how.

Let's start with this. I'm Arab, female, and no I don't dress like a "ninja". Nor did I ever intentionally walk a few paces behind a man unless I was surruptitiously checking out his assets. Not that I make a habit of that... Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the well-rounded aspects of a person, but I've been far too ditracted recently to notice. I'm Arab and I've got the bushy eyebrows to prove it. I've got the feel of sand at my fingertips, the beat of the tabla in my hips, and an uncontrolable urge to eat Indian food at any opportunity. Okay, the last one isn't entirely Arab, but Arabs do like a nice Indian dish for the most part. I have an insatiable appetite for learning. And chocolate. Feel free to feed me both. I salivate equally at the thought of a good book or a Milky Way. Anyway, my point is that this blog has one goal... To propogate learning. Mine and maybe yours.People have fought and died for the right to learn, to rise above their station, to expand the horizons of the opportunities that lay before them... And all of that leads to this blog! What an anti-climax... :)

No comments: